Friday, October 18, 2013

Adventures of Norway: Memories in the Making


Hello again,

I know it has, once again, been quite awhile since you've all heard from me. I certainly hope this blog entry makes up for lost time! So let's move on to the good stuff.

 It is crazy to think about how quickly time flies. I have been here in Oslo for two full months now! So, I would like to spend a bit of time trying to capture my favorite moments here in Oslo using pictures and some small captions. Enjoy the next page and a half of photos.
First Passport stamp in Europe. 

Flight into Norway. I was only slightly nervous to finally arrive. ;)
First night out with a new group of friends 
Hiking Group on our first adventure. One of my favorite pictures!
A wonderful day spent on the Coast of Norway. Also, my parents would be happy to know that this was the first day that I got a real injury in Norway (I cut my feet pretty badly on the rocky ocean bed) I'm not actually on vacation unless I get hurt haha

Here you can see me wearing my amazingly ridiculous rain poncho. This Picture was taken on our way up to a Cabin in the woods of Norway. 'The Cabin Trip', as it was called, was one of my first and favorite "adventures in Norway"
This was taken on our way up Preikestolen, a famous cliff face in Norway. Although you don't see the actual famous cliff edge in the picture, I thought this picture did give an example of how beautiful Norway is.
Here's another famous rock fixture in Norway found atop Kjerag. Really the view behind and up this 'mountain' was more beautiful than this picture. I just like it because it makes me look cool :)
This is kind of an inside joke, but this cake is from Denmark. Although Denmark was a great city, I think I will always remember buying an entire-extremely delicious-cake while I was there.
Next up, you can see the large Cathedral near our Hostel in Poznan, Poland. The city was very nice. I'll talk more about that later.
I would like to conclude this part of my blog by posting a few silly photos of my friends. Those photos make some of the best memories.







I hope you enjoyed the last few photos without the captions. Take them at face value and if you feel that its appropriate, have a good laugh.

Now it's time to move on to Poland. I added a photo from Poznan, the city where I stayed along with 6 other friends in Poland. We spent 5 days there and it was probably the most fun I've had in a long time! Everything in Poznan is EXTREMELY cheap compared to Oslo. I enjoyed fine dining, wine, and much more for a fraction of the price in Oslo. I also enjoyed McDonalds multiple times. I was not going to miss the opportunity for a cheap Big Mac, even if I wasn't hungry. We spent a lot of time seeing the city and the attractions within Poznan. To be honest, I didn't take a single picture while I was there. Sometimes its better just to make you all wonder what I really saw. Sorry, folks.

I guess I could spend the time to describe some of what we saw. For example, we did spend two days at the two zoos in Poznan. The new zoo was pretty nice with a large variety of animals I never expected to be living in a Polish, outdoor, zoo. The old zoo had a smaller collection of animals but was still nice to visit. We also spent some time looking around the city. We went to the Archcathedral Basilica of St. Peter and St. Paul which is a beautiful church. All in all, the trip was a blast.

I hope you all haven't missed me too much over these past two and a half months.

See you next time for more Adventures of Norway

2 comments:

  1. You forgot about the most delicious hotdog everrrrrrrrrrrr! Haha, loveeee having such a good time with you and all the others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah shoot I forgot! Hopefully people read these comments because that hot dog was AMAZING

    ReplyDelete