Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Home, Sweet Home

Hello again and for the last time for quite some while,

To those of you who don't know by now, I am home! These last two months have been rather slow. I've spent the  majority of my time either searching for a job or acting as dog sitter for my roommate's dog. But, as it so happens, I did end up finding a job as a bow technician at Scheels which means I'm no longer best friends with our bull dog. Little did I know when applying, that the modern compound bow is far more complicated than I had ever imagined. But, I am making very, very, slow progress.

I am mostly fully acclimated to life once again here in good old USA. I must admit, there was a bit of "culture shock", if you will, when I arrived back in Chicago. My ears weren't used to the same small talk I had heard for almost 20 full years of my life. I was greeted by a sea of "like"s, "umm"s and a multitude of other filler words spaced apart by the chatter of daily life. To be completely honest, I think I may be more home sick for Norway than I was for home. I'm sure I'm not the first, nor will I be the last to long for days filled with travel, new friends, and extremely over priced food.

This blog is, unfortunately, a bit more bland than the rest. My travels are over and I haven't got the room necessary to add over 300 photos. So to anyone out there interested in seeing or hearing more, I invite you to simply text me, email me, send me mail by bird, or contact me however you please. Lord knows I'll talk your ear off.

Here's a nice picture to really tie this boring blog all together. :)




I hope that you've all enjoyed and I hope you'll check out my blog once I begin student teaching!

This has been: Adventures of Norway!

No comments:

Post a Comment