Sunday, August 11, 2013

First few days

Hello all! 

This is the moment you have all been waiting for! My first entry is finally here, so put your seat belts on and get ready for an adventure. 

My first few days here have been a true adventure. I spent about 14-18 hours on a plane or in an airport on August 8th-9th. Once I arrived in Oslo I waited for a rather...poorly conducted pickup service. They did enough to show me how to get a train. They did little to tell me how to get to my student village. I ended up at the wrong place (typical me) and then had to ride back to another village. After walking up about 6 hills too many I finally ended up at my flat....on the 7th floor...with no elevator:( Minnesota and North Dakota have not prepared me for the hills here! 

After arriving to my flat I met my 5 fellow flat mates: Claudia, Marius, Nina, Sarah and Viola. Three of them are German, one is from the Checz republic and one is Finnish. Later that night we went to an Ikea store, Norway's walmart, and bought some household essentials. My friends laughed at me because I was so tired from the long day and I was sleeping on the bus home haha.

The next day we went on a tour of the city and bought some groceries from the market in downtown Oslo. Then, we invited some fellow students over to hang out. After that we headed to the Hard Rock Cafe for a dance party. It was fun but VERY expensive. I wont do that much! Today I will hopefully figure out if I can get a cheap phone plan to make emergency calls while in Norway. After that I may tour the city some more. 

I will make another entry tomorrow. Miss you all! 

Brent 

No comments:

Post a Comment