Saturday, August 17, 2013

Oh the money you spend...

Hello all,

I first have to announce that I actually live with a Dutch girl, NOT A FINN...the caps was for you Sarah.

Anyway, I hope you have not missed me too much haha! I am having a blast here! But, at the same time, I am ready to SLOW DOWN. The biggest problem with Norway is how expensive it is! I have spent around $500 since I left America. Now, to my mom and dad, please don't freak out! I've bought towels, a pillow, blankets, food, outlet converters(mine didn't work) and some other common college necessities. In all reality I haven't quite spent that much because I have around $150 in cash on me soooo it's not too bad.

My classes are starting this week and I am pretty excited! I am taking three courses, allowing myself more time to travel as I continue my adventure here is Norway. Talk about a tough semester huh? I have to travel all over Europe, meet so many new people, enjoy something most people dream of AND I have to take three classes. It's a hard knock life for this American. For real though, I am having so much fun! I could never have done this without the wholehearted support of my parents! So, here's a shout-out to the greatest parents ever! Love you Mom and Dad! Also, I owe a lot to my Cousin Ina, my Grandparents on both sides, my sister and her boyfriend Andrew for there gifts, and everyone who has supported me! I couldn't be here without you all. But, back to the true subject of my blog: me! (Just kidding...Sort of)

I have seen a lot in the last two days! Yesterday, I went to the Akerhus castle in Oslo. It was AWESOME!! My history senses were tingling like crazy! It was probably one of the coolest places I've ever been. I want to go back and take an audio tour so I can learn more about the castle. As for today, we went hiking. It was a pretty easy hike, but the view was beautiful! Then, we went swimming in a very, very cold lake.

So, now you know all about my life. Until I write again,

Good bye!

Hatt det bra!

Brent

No comments:

Post a Comment