Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Hello again,

It has been an exciting first few days in Norway! I have grown somewhat used to the set up of the metro system and I am learning more every day. Site seeing is almost a constant occurrence for me here in Oslo. I went to see a museum on a small island just off the coast of the fjord. On the island, there was a choice of 4 different museums. I went to see the cultural museum. Inside, you were able to look into the traditional past of Norwegian life. The Museum was an open air museum with Norwegian houses, animals, gardens and more. The highlight of the whole trip was.....traditional Norwegian lefse!!!! It was different, but good.

As classes approach, students, including myself, have been busy attending meetings, locating classrooms and more. I will soon know if I received a seat in my classes and if I did I can then buy my books.

I am truly having a great time here! I am trying to conserve my money however I can haha. Things are not as expensive as I expected. A package of sliced cheese is somewhere between 3-4 U.S. dollars, so it isn't too bad. I think the part that scares people is the exchange difference. For example, the same cheese is listed 27 Nok. which seems like a ridiculous price to Americans and most Europeans. Most students are used to a price of 2-5 dollars and Euros for the same product, so, it can be confusing. I will upload some more pictures to Facebook today. If you want to contact me, feel free!

Miss you all,

Brent

No comments:

Post a Comment