Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The struggles of living alone

Hello everyone! 

I hope you all haven't missed reading of my adventures here too badly! 

I have spent the last few days doing relatively nothing haha. What I have done, has been a struggle. It all started on Monday. I decided I would be a big boy and go find a store to buy some hiking shoes. So, I went to google maps, looked up the store I wanted and head out. Little did I know that I am horrible with directions...actually I already knew that. Anyway, I arrived at my destination, Majorstuen, and got off the Metro. I had been to this store earlier in the week, but really, I was just following a group not paying attention. When I got off the train I did the only logical thing I could do. I decided I would head down a random street and ask someone where I was. Great idea, right? Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. I spent, oh I don't know, one hour looking for a store that was supposedly "down the street on the right hand side". Yeah, either that was a lie or I'm blind. (I'm probably just blind)

After about an hour of walking, I decided to give up and search another day. Now, if you know me well, you'd know that my troubles didn't end here. Today, I went to my first class! And guess what? I got lost. I spent another HOUR looking for a building about a quarter of a mile away from the rest of campus. Lame! I was only about 5 minutes late for class. Yes, I was smart enough to leave early so I could find my class. No, I was NOT smart enough to find it the day before. So, tomorrow I will try to find both my class room and the shoe store all over again. Don't hold you breath. 

Aslo, I had a hot dog the other day. It was amazing. I miss you, American food. I miss you a lot. 

That's all I got. Hope you have a better day than I did!


Brent 

No comments:

Post a Comment